The CESB16 objective is to present current activities in sustainable building in Central Europe and to bring ideas and international expertise to the region in order to contribute to further development.
The conference is organized under auspices of international conveners International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB), International Initiative for a Sustainable Built Environment (iiSBE), Sustainable Buildings and Climate Initative (UNEP-SBCI) a International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and belongs to Sustainable Built Environment regional conference series leading towards World Conference SBE17 Honk Kong.
CESB16 will host five distinguished keynote speakers that include
• Ludwig Rongen - prof. Dipl.-Ing., Architect and Urban Planner BDA, Certified Passive House Designer, Passive House Certifier,
• KeeseChristiaanse - partner of KCAP Architects & Planners, Chair of Architecture and Urban Design at ETH Zurich and Program leader of Future Cities Laboratory (FCL) Singapore,
• AxelaFöhl - ICOMOS/UNESCO specialist for the Industrial Heritage,
• Raymond Y. Cole - professor and past-Director of the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture at the University of British Columbia and the Academic Director of UBC’s Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability,
• BohumilKasal - director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Wood Research, Wilhelm-Klauditz-Institut, WKI with locations in Braunschweig, Hanover and Wolfsburg.
CESB16 conference topics are: Sustainable renovation of existing building stock, Industrial heritage regeneration, Sustainable urban development, Building designs process, Materials and technologies for sustainable buildings, Decision-support tools and assessment methods, Sustainable building in research and education.
Part of conference is a technical exhibition which is organised along with the CESB16 to demonstrate new technologies, materials, products and services of companies, which are active in sustainable building. This exhibition will be located in the main atrium of the Faculty of Civil Engineering (Thakurova 7, Prague 6).
“We are very excited about the quality of more than 230 research papers that will be presented at CESB16. The high number of registered delegates will help us to spread the latest research outcomes to support our common goal of improving sustainability of the built environment”, said Antonin Lupisek, chairman of organization team CESB16.
For more information and to register for the conference please visit www.cesb.cz